1) Don't use electronic devices before/in bed - The best way to wind down is with a good book. I am totally guilty of playing about on my phone and before I know it, 2 hours has passed and I'm still wide awake at 2am! No TV in the bedroom either. Phones and TV's only stimulate the mind when really, you should be trying to relax.
2) Camomile tea - Now, I'm not one of those people into all these herbal remedies etc, but I genuinely believe that camomile tea helps relax you before bed. Try it, honestly. No caffeine so won't keep you up!
3) A good mattress - Of course a good mattress will get you a better sleep, who wants to sleep on an old lumpy one? Make sure you get the right one for you. The mattresses at John Lewis are FAB. Just seeing the photos of them makes me want to curl up and fall asleep!
4) Don't nap late - Sometimes I'll nap when C is napping because I'm just so exhausted (10 month olds are tiring, you know!) and I regret it when I can't get to sleep later that night. Setting regular bedtimes and waking up at the same time is a good idea too. Your body will get into the routine.
5) Get out of your head - This may be easier said than done and if you know how to do this, tell me how. I'm awful for stressing, over-thinking and over-analysing things and I only do it when I lie down in bed! Poor Chris is desperately trying to get some sleep and I'll keep nudging him and asking him questions! I find it very hard to do this.
What are your top tips?
Do you agree with what I've mentioned?
This is a sponsored post.